Ah, January. The hangover of the holiday season. Festivities have been celebrated, feasts have been had, New Year’s resolutions have been made. No wonder you’re a bit depressed to find yourself back at work, broke, and dealing with the repercussions of your plan to hit the gym daily.
We’re here to share Boarding Pass NYC’s favorite drink recipe to cure the January blues. Tested at our Greenpoint store’s grand opening in December, we found out the hard way that this drink is the perfect antidote to a blizzard. It’ll warm you from the inside out, even when winter’s end is nowhere in sight. Introducing:
- 2 ounces of rye whiskey
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Amer Picon (can be substituted with a few dashes Angostura or orange bitters)
- Maraschino or lemon twist garnish
- ) Add to shaker, over ice.
- ) Stir. Not too long, though, or else the ice will water it down.
- ) Strain into chilled glass.
- ) Garnish with maraschino cherry and/or lemon peel twist.